Monday, July 20, 2009

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch...

I know, I know. You were worried sick!! You were about to call the hospitals! WHERE HAVE I BEEN!?!

Good question. Since you last heard from me I've been...

-soaking up family at Grandma Nell's house


-cheering for the home team in Kansas City, Missouri (at the First Annual Roosevelt House Reunion)





-catching up with Brooke, since we were briefly in the same hemisphere





-giggling over potted fig plants at Whole Foods in Naperville, IL with Sasha





-cutting my hair- finally!




-getting to hold Bryan and Jamie's son, Tarek, in Elida






-loving time with my nieces in Harrod





-comparing notes on teaching in Senegal vs. teaching in Ecuador with Annie...over ice-cream





-celebrating my favorite country's birthday



-getting to meet Brent and Tina's daughter, Mikaya in Lima



-livin' life large with Josie and her family in the Land of Cleve





-setting up a lunch date with Mindy and then forgetting my wallet so she had to pay for both of us

-driving...a lot
-stock-up buying
-watching the new Harry Potter movie with Jo, Rachel, and Claire
-eating fresh, homemade food that exceeds the depth of the word "delicious"

-burning the quesadillas at Renessa's house while she put the baby down for a nap (oops)
-remembering why I miss holidays with the family so much at Sheri's house in Farmertucky (ahem) I mean, Farmersville


-celebrating Father's Day at bit late at Cassano's Pizza


It's been a good break. I hate to see it end, but [I keep reminding myself that] I'm excited to get re-settled at home; not live out of a suitcase; learn Spanish a bit more; dive into year two; see what's in store.

2 comments:

Holly B. said...

Mindy H.? Love her. I also love Cassano's pizza! Bon voyage, friend!

mel said...

Sounds like home was food for the soul. No matter where the Army takes Chris and I, Ohio will always be home to me. Love the photos.