Sunday, October 20, 2013

Lost and Found

This is where I keep my earbuds.  See them?  They live here on the hook by the door for easy access when I go to the gym.  This system was working pretty well.
Then I got kitties.  Here they are.  The little black one is Daisy and the biggest gray one is Mary.  They're nice.  I like them.

And yet, there are a few downsides to cats.  One is that kittens like to play with...well...nearly everything.  And knowing this, I decided to hide my earbuds so Daisy didn't chew them or relocate them for me.  So I did.  And then the next time I went to the gym, I couldn't find them.  I couldn't remember if I'd put them away somewhere, or if I'd just planned to do that and in the meantime, Daisy made off with them.  I figured that Daisy had probably batted them off the hook and stashed them away somewhere, like a crazy squirrel.  So I looked for them.  I looked lots of places.  Like under the bed...  

And under the dresser...


 Under the couch cushions.  No earbuds, but I found my long-lost barrette!  Yay!  I also found a hair ribbon and a tube of chapstick that I know aren't mine.  Ew.



They weren't here, either...

They weren't here (this is behind the couch)

I bet you wish you could have looked in here!  Lots of stuff, but no earbuds.  :(

Maybe in the cleaning bucket?  Nice try.  But no.
Under the bathroom sink?  Nope.  But I found some other junk.




Not behind the TV, either.

How about the stack of stuff I haven't organized yet in the Spare Oom?  That's a negative, Ghost Rider.

I put off looking in the basement as long as possible.  There is a really impressive collection of random stuff down there.  Also a bunch of gigundopedes.  Ew.

[if you don't know what a gigundopede is, you can find it in google images under "house centipede".  For the squeamish among my readers, I will not post a picture here.  You're welcome.]

No earbuds here either.

Earbud free area.

Even underneath.
And then, after about 10 days of looking, I finally found them.  Here they are!  Do you see them?

Look closely at the bottom of the scarf.

Yep, they are right where they always were.  I put the scarf there to hide them from Daisy.  It worked!  It also effectively hid them from...me.

Sheesh.

No comments: