Monday, August 4, 2008

That's a negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

In about an hour I will begin the first leg of my journey to my new home. Tonight Dad, Sue, Sara and I will drive to Detroit and spend the night a hotel. In the morning, I shall be at the airport by 7am, in time to actually see those early birds getting their worms. And if all goes as planned, I hope to fall asleep in my own bed in Quito, tomorrow night.

Packing went well, considering my limit of two, 50 pound bags to MOVE to a NEW COUNTRY. Stupid embargo. At least I hope to be able to come home at Christmas, which will allow for another load. And I must try to keep in mind how much fun it is to make do when you don't have, or have access to, many of the niceties of life here. Fun, fun, fun. :)

I'm excited to think about how the next time I write, it will be from Ecuador. And I'll probably have funny, overseas stories. And maybe I'll have already embarrassed myself with my piddly Spanish. And definitely I will have begun the next chapter in my life.

[Two Question Pop Quiz: "will have begun"
1. what verb tense is that?
2. why are we surprised when people find English difficult to learn?]

Over-n-out from Ohio.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

1. That's Future Perfect:))
2. It's not even half as difficult as your articles (a/the) (hehe)