Saturday, December 12, 2009

Editor's Note: I want to give a Birthday Shout-Out to my favorite 4-year old niece, Miss Devan Foster. Devan, I hope you have an awesome birthday. Can't express how much I wish I could be there to celebrate with you. Love, Aunt Leslie :)



Last night I discovered that I can get Pandora Radio here in Equador. Probably, this doesn't mean to you what it means to me.

Explanation:

I live in Ecuador. But I'm from the Heartland and I LOVE LOVE LOVE country music. I like lots of other types of music, but I love country, and I can't get it here. I don't have the freedom to buy a lot of cd's, and the radio here plays different latino music styles. I like latino music, but my soul longs for country music.

Pause to defend my love my love of country music, for you skeptics:
1. awesome harmonies
2. lyrics that tell stories about real life- things we can all relate to: family, love, faith, loss, fun

Pandora is an online music database. It's free, and you put in the songs or artists that you like, and they stream that type of music. It's the next best thing to having enough money to buy every cd that you want. Sadly, you can only do it if you're located in the US. I don't know why this matters to the kind Pandora people...I mean, it's free either way, so why do they care if I'm logging in from Wheaton or Ada or Quito? But they do.

And...the good news. So last night I was hanging out with my super-cool friends, the Saavedras. Dave picked out my computer for me in October and he asked me to bring it along so he could check it out. Beth and I snuggled Baby Eva (almost a month old and a cute, squishy baby if I ever saw one) and watched Little Women. While we watched, Dave loaded a program on my computer that shields my location when I'm online. So now, I can turn the shield on and get Pandora!!

Please pause here to think about the joy of once again having access to your favorite style of music, after an 18 month hiatus.

Right now I'm listening to Carrie Underwood. Early today I heard Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, and Trace Adkins.

It sounds like home.

2 comments:

josie said...

man, that is AWESOME! AND every time you want to listen you can pretend you're on star trek and yell "shields up!" before you log in. bonus.

Jenn =) said...

Ummm,so I can't look at that pic at the top of your blog without smiling =)
And, DUDE! You have to email me the link to this magic software! I have the same predicament, and maybe, just MAYBE the internet in Suriname will be fast enough to run things like Pandora some day...if that day comes, I want to be ready!