Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blessed Beyond the Curse

This song really spoke to me this morning in the service:


I am pressed but not crushed
Persecuted; not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed

I am blessed beyond the curse
For his promise will endure

And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

I recognize that, compared to some Believers around the world, my persecutions and pressed moments don't even register. But I think that to say that my sufferings don't matter because they're minor is like a high schooler looking at 3rd grade homework and scoffing. Our sufferings may be minor to some, but they are never minor to us.

Anyway, the point is the bolded lines:

I am blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure.

Not that I escape the curse. Not even the earth and the rest of Creation escaped the curse. But my blessing as a daughter of the King is more powerful than the curse that I live under each day. I have the hope of the day that's coming; the day that Creation and all the children of the King will be freed from the curse.

And that, friends, is good news regardless of your personal level of suffering.

Remember to live in victory. The battle is won. We win! And one day our reality will reflect this Truth.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Great thoughts!

Meredith said...

LOVE IT! I love that song/scripture! I love that we're blessed beyond the curse, and that the joy of the Lord is our strength! Thanks for the reminder, Leslie!