Saturday, March 20, 2010

Recipes, please??

Ok, I'm back and feeling better. AND I'm asking for your tried-and-true (and preferably easy) healthy recipes. I need stuff that's low carb, low fat, and has a low glycemic index.

[Editor's Note: If you're not familiar with glycemic index, it is a way to measure how quickly your body processes the food. A generalization is that bad-for-you-yet-tasty foods (sweets, breads, pastas, etc) have a high GI, and less tasty stuff (whole grains, veggies, not-sweet fruits) are lower. In any case, if your recipe is low carb, it's probably already low GI.]

Anyway, I would really appreciate your advice. Keep in mind that I live in Ecuador, so I don't have access to a lot of convenience/processed foods. Oh, and I bought a used juicer today, so if you have good veggie juice recipes, I'd love those, too.

Thanks in advance, kids!!

3 comments:

Marianna said...

Leslie
I will be sending some recipes for you as soon as i am not babysitting.
I would love to help out and i love recipes and I love to cook. Tracy has high blood pressure so the angry spirits are high in this house too. He just hates eating anything green. One thing i have figured out-i can shake parsley into anything cuz it has no taste... just a little tip to start with
love ya
marianna

Anonymous said...

This is the website I'm going to be using now that I have Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. I haven't tried any of these, as I'm not home to do so...long story, but a lot of them sound tasty. Hope this helps.

~mel (Eve)

Anonymous said...

http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/entrees/entreeindex.htm

Sorry, might help if I actually list the website.