Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Change Update

Today my food processor arrived in the mail. I found one on Amazon that I thought looked like a good choice for me. It's a Black and Decker; small and compact; easy to clean; about a 3 cup capacity and only about $20. That makes me feel comfortable about taking it to Quito, using it for a year, and not feeling sad if I decide to sell it there instead of pack it out.

As soon as I got home from my errand running, I busted it out, READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST (I know, right? I'm pretty sure I've never done that before), well, ok, I skimmed the directions. And then I made a nice big batch of homemade salsa. Aside from slicing my finger open while chopping a tomato into quarters, it seems to have been a successful venture. It was fast, easy, and the clean up took about 5 minutes. The bowl of salsa is currently sitting in my fridge, letting all its various flavors meld together. Mmm!

I'm trying to think of the variety of veggie options available to me with this new gadget. Maybe veggie purees? It appears that the processor is capable of that. I remember eating lots of veggie puree soups while living at my host family's house in Buenos Aires, and they were go-od. Notice that I stretched out the word to add emphasis.

If you have any brilliant up-your-veggie-intake recipe ideas (which do not include lettuce or peppers), would you post them?

[And on that note, please be aware that due to some recent comment posting from hackers, I've added a security feature when you post a comment. You're going to have to type the weird-shaped word into the box, so that I can't get computer generated adds and such on my blog. Sorry for the inconvenience.]

And finally, in other change update news, I've been using my Zumba stuff. Today (week three) I actually felt the first glimmer of hope that I might, at some point in the distant future, find the workout to be enjoyable. I'm a bit disappointed in the slow start. Maybe that'll pick up? We shall see. In any case, I look like a fool. Seriously stupid. One of my closest friends, around whom I am exceedingly comfortable, asked me today if I would bring the video to our next visit and we could work out together. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to do it. We'll see. But that's one nice thing about living alone, right? The freedom to look stupid in the privacy of your own home. Well, as long as you're living alone and have curtains.

No comments: