Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ecuadorian Potato Chips

Potato chips are one of my favorite junk foods. They have them here, even Lay's brand, but they taste different. And by "different" I mean "worse". So finally I tried the local kinds and settled on a particular brand that I like. If you buy a personal-sized bag of these chips, there is no writing at all on the bag. It's just a small, clear plastic bag, sealed across the top.

Today I was noticing the information on the bigger version. Its simplicity (or lack of information) made me laugh. Therefore, I shall reproduce said information here for your enjoyment. I hope that it makes you laugh, too.

(translated by me. sorry)

(on the front of the small paper label which is stapeled to the top of the bag)
Potato Chips
"The Flavorful"
weight: 200 grams

(backside)
Ingredients: potatos, oil, salt
Lot: 068
Sanitation Registration: 08114INHQAN 0607
Date produced: March 7, 2009 [note: this was only 11 days ago]
Eat within: 1 month
Form of conservation: to the atmosphere (I guess that means, store at room temperature]
Made for: The Flavorful
Telephone: 262-8529
Quito, Ecuador
Suggested Retail Value: $1.77 (actually I paid $1.62 plus tax)
Nutritional Information (includes 12 items)

That's it! That's all you need to know about Ecuadorian Potato Chips. If you come visit me, I'll buy you some. We'll see if we can find a bag made a week earlier.

1 comment:

A said...

Hi Leslie. I can't wait to see you this summer.
Your note on chips made me laugh. Yesterday I had ketchup flavored chips. And you know what? They tasted like ketchup flavored chips. ;) My bro and I used to dip our chips in ketchup when we were younger so it brought back great memories.
The other flavor I like here in Senegal is paprika.