Sunday, March 8, 2009

Birthday Treasures

This is the bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper (aka, liquid gold) that my friend Sasha mailed to me for my birthday. There's something to be said for a friend who is illogical enough to spend $15 in postage to mail a $1 bottle of soda to her friend in Ecuador. Thanks, Sasha! I'm savoring the idea of it for awhile before I actually drink it. Every time I see the bottle in my cabinet, it makes me happy.


This is one of the set of two lampstands that I bought at a rummage sale a few weeks ago. They were purchased with birthday money from my grandma. Thanks, Gramma Nell! I think of you when I see my lampstands!

(sidenote: yes, the lamp looks a little sad. The wind blew it off the stand this weekend. But never fear. I'm pretty sure I can fix it as soon as I find some superglue here.


This is me with my new (used) guitar, which I purchased this week with birthday money from my dad (Thanks, Dad!). I can already "play" (loose use of that term) three songs. My fingers are starting to get callusey, which makes me feel happy. I'm excited to be able to play well enough to accompany myself when I sing. Someday.

No comments: