Saturday, October 3, 2009

"True Beauty" My Sweet Bippy!

Tonight as I was turning off the tv, I ran across a show called "True Beauty". Intrigued, I flipped over to the station.

Turns out this is a reality show, and although I didn't watch enough to see the whole premise, the part I DID see was a group of maybe 10 beautiful people who'd been "evaluated" and give a "beauty score" between 1 and 100 by a medical doctor.

Yes, that's what I said. A Beauty Score. So they stood them up in pairs and told them all where they ranked. One of the guys, incidentally, had the guts to point out how ridiculous the whole thing was (he scored a 94).

I my mind I just kept thinking, "Seriously? Is this for real?!"

Wow. Such a sad commentary on our times. I don't even have anything profound to say about this. Just....wow. As my friend, Lauren, would say, "What the Hecuador?!?"

No comments: